Sunday, August 8, 2010

Welcome to my blog

As someone who used to write for a living (sort of) I thought it would be nice to start writing again as I am no longer working full time - I miss having a creative outlet. I am also pregnant with my third child and thought that it would be fun to chronicle my attempt to keep running during this pregnancy.

I love to run and have been running for over 10 years. Last fall I completed my first marathon (the Scotiabank Marathon – 4:30) and have run four half marathons and a number of other races. I got pregnant while training for my second marathon and was determined to at least complete a half marathon during this pregnancy. But I was shot down very quickly by my doctor who I trust implicitly. She said I could keep running but I needed to take it easy. Well in the end I didn’t really have the option to keep running full out because I have been so sick and have barely been able to get out the door with my kids to the park let alone go running. But I have hit my second trimester and am feeling better so I am going to give it a go and chronicle my efforts here. Here we go...

No comments: