Thursday, August 12, 2010

Back to running like the wind

Last summer while I was training for the marathon every time I left the house on a run (which was frequent) my kids and my husband would yell out, “Run like the wind mommy.” My husband even had t-shirts made up for the kids for when they watched us run the Scotiabank Marathon.

I loved training for the marathon and often felt like I was running like the wind. But since the end of May after my last half marathon race I have felt like every run was a chore. It turned out that this was due to being pregnant which sapped my energy. But even though I knew there was a good reason I wasn’t running like the wind at the moment I was disappointed that I was no longer getting the same high from my runs and found each such a challenge.

Well this may have changed. Last night I headed out for my usual five km pretty late in the evening because it is so hot here. With my music playing and the air cooling down I found myself zipping around our neighborhood and I was so pleased to finally get a great run under my belt.

No comments: