Monday, September 27, 2010

Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon


These two cute guys want to say well done to all those who ran the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon (STWM)yesterday!!! Many of my friends ran yesterday's race - one qualified for Boston and another had a PB. My husband and I went down to watch the race and were fortunate enough to catch a glimpse of the front runners running at about kilometer 32 and these men and women were still SPRINTING, not running, but sprinting. That was truly inspirational.

I was a little sad to be sitting on the sidelines this year as the STWM was my first (and so far only) marathon. When I found out I was pregnant in the spring I had just come of a PB in a 10km and half marathon race and I was training for another marathon. Those plans were put on hold but once the baby comes I plan on trying to run a sub four hour marathon (yikes I said it, I put it out there). The STWM was a fantastic first marathon - nice and flat - and while I might not be quite up to par next September considering the baby is due in January I'm sure it is a race I will run again one day.

The above picture is of my kids with the shirts my husband made for them to wear while they watched me run my first marathon. It says Run Like the Wind Mommy on the front with the date of the marathon on the back. I had no idea that he had done this and when we saw them on the sidelines at 30 km I was pretty tickled.

No comments: